Park & Ride Thionville- Metzange (France)
The northern region of Moselle, close to the border between France and Luxembourg, is highly trafficked by business travelers in both directions. Both private vehicles and public transport are responsible for the congestion of this strategic route, which has created concerns related to the quality of life in the region, the safety and ease of travel of border workers, and ultimately the status of the infrastructures over time.
To ease the traffic off the French portion of A31 direction “Luxembourg” a temporary park-and-ride facility has been arranged on the premises of the Kinépolis movie theater in Thionville. The situation became critical: its 468 parking spaces proved not sufficient, nor has the addition of 150 bays. With the site being fully booked as early as 6:40 am (40 minutes earlier than usual) users were plunged into great distress. To accommodate all vehicles, an efficient and larger solution became mandatory. The ideal location for the new park-and-ride facility was identified in 2019.
- Efficient access via dedicated lanes for cars, motorbikes, and bicycles
- Straightforward guidance to free parking spaces via VMS signs
- Smooth integration with public transport card Simplicité, through dedicated JMS External services
- Quick access to safe parking for bicycles “local vélos” equipped with subscriber card reader devices
- Prompt assistance via intercom
- 24/7 access thanks to card integration and LPR technology
- JMS virtualized on the server of the Commune d’agglomération du Luxembourg
- 24/7 remote parking management and assistance by Linkview
HUB France offered a turnkey solution including facility remote management via LinkView control room and HUB Jupiter systems play a crucial role in making the access to both parking terraces, easy and frictionless. The Parking systems is equipped with 4 Access Pro barriers by Magnetic
This is the first European cross-border project and was inaugurated on the 13th of July 2022 in Thionville by Xavier Bettel, Prime Minister of Luxembourg, Dominique Faure, Secretary of State to the Minister for Ecological Transition, Pierre Cuny and François Grosdidier, respectively Mayor of Thionville and Metz.
- Installed products: 4 Access Pro barriers
- Location: Thionville - France
- Installation period: July 2022